Monday, May 30, 2005

Nice long weekend in NYC

I spent a much overdue vacation in New York City with a couple of friends this weekend. There was much sightseeing done and pictures taken. On Friday night, I took in a Yankees/Red Sox game in the Bronx, a once in a lifetime experience I must say. I personally saw three separate Red Sox fans get tossed from the stadium for one reason or another. The atmosphere and environment were rich with tradition which is something that I am not used to at all down in here in Phoenix.

On the second (full) day in town, I did a lot of sightseeing throughout Manhattan. We paid our respects at Ground Zero and went on to see Battery Park and the Statue of Liberty off in the distance. We then ventured up to Central Park where we walked through before having a late lunch. At about 9:00 we were off to ESPN Zone for the Suns/Spurs game which didn't quite turn out so well for my hometown Suns. I am anything but a "fair weather" fan, thus, I believe that they will come back to win 4 games straight before heading to the championships... no I'm not an idiot, just a rabid fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home